The first animation film that attempts to fuse two varied Indian art styles with music as a link between them. The concept depicts how Human and Nature is bound together inherently, the story begins showing two pages of a book, each page has a painting, the paintings are from different art stiyles. The warli art style is used to show the human and its society, the playfulness and social formations, gathering and interactions, while the second page depicts Gond art style explaining the nature and its detailing, its vibrations and colorfulness.
The concept elucidates the solution by showing a social gathering of people , the music created by the people attracts the nature and environment metaphorically explain the connection between human and nature is through musical vibration, it's the beats of music has power to reinforce the relation.
Both the styles are animated in flash and this animation is unique as paintings here animate and explain the concepts behind them.
Music Binds All was Screened at:
1. Kol-Katha'09 animation film festival, Kolkata ,India (The movie won the best story runner up and the best poster award in Professional Films Category).
2. IFFLA'09, Los Angeles
3. Annecy'09 in “Short films out Of competition”
4. Ladakh Confluence'09
5. KROK, International animated film Festival'09, Ukraine
6. 13th Ismailia International Film Festival for Documentary & short films'09
7. Flatland Film Festival'09, Texas
8. Voix de toiles'09 (voices of stars), Port-Leucate